2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport
2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport vs. 2020 BMW X5
There’s no SUV quite like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, and it shouldn’t be hard to see why it’s appealing to more and more Greenwich drivers. Just compare the 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5! You’ll quickly see that:
- The Land Rover offers many of the same key features, but is offered for $20,000 under the base price of the BMW X5. It offers many more upgrades to consider, and you can even get a fully-loaded Discovery Sport for less than the base price of its rival.
- The Discovery Sport even includes some features that you can’t get in a BMW. If you’d like to break free from the beaten path, a Land Rover is still the obvious choice.
2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport
246 hp 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder
335 hp 3.0L TwinPower Turbo 6-cylinder
60/40 2nd-row seats with Slide and Recline
40/20/40 split-folding rear seats
Discovery Sport or BMW X5: Features and Value
We’ve already pointed out that the Discovery Sport can give you significantly more to love, for a much smaller hit to your wallet! This is especially apparent when we match up the base trims of both models, since you’ll find that each SUV includes the following:
- USB ports
- Proximity keyless entry
- Bluetooth® and voice recognition
- Touchscreen infotainment
- Speed-sensitive volume control
- Daytime running lights
- LED brake lights
- Lane departure warning
- Rear parking aid
- Power-folding heated side mirrors
Which model offers more reasons to upgrade? The Discovery Sport or the BMW X5?
- Since the Land Rover Discovery Sport is available in six trims, it’s easier to get all of the features you desire, while avoiding those that you feel like you could live without!
- The BMW X5 is only available in four trim levels, and since the range-topping model comes in at $82,150 MSRP, you could end up spending tens of thousands more to get a similar list of features.
Discovery Sport or BMW X5: Go Off-Road with Confidence
Yes, the base BMW X5 engine is more powerful than the base option on the Land Rover Discovery Sport. However, if you’re only looking at the numbers, you’re going to be left in the dust.
The X5 might do alright on pavement, but if you’re looking for an SUV that can take you off-road, the Discovery Sport is a clear winner:
- You’ll receive Hill Descent Control and Dynamic Stability Control as standard, no matter which SUV you choose. However, only one model offers the Land Rover-exclusive Terrain Response®. It automatically adjusts to road and ground conditions, so you can adventure with confidence, even if you’re towing a heavy load.
- The X5 lets you choose between rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. While some drivers might appreciate the option, AWD can’t compare to Land Rover four-wheel drive when it comes time to go off-road. And, 4WD is standard on every Discovery Sport.
If you’re getting ready to upgrade your Stamford and Norwalk drives, make sure that you choose the best off-road tires for your model.
Test Drive Your Land Rover Discovery Sport at Land Rover Darien
You’ve compared the Land Rover Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5 on paper, so now it’s time to take the next steps! Whether you opt for the high-end R-Dynamic HSE or choose another model from our new Discovery Sport inventory, we know that you’ll love what you find inside.
Visit our dealership near New Canaan today, and take a test drive that you’ll never forget!