The 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Trims
Designed to afford the ideal space from which to enjoy the road, the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport trims provide Westport, New Canaan, and Greenwich drivers with the performance features they want without sacrificing any of the luxury they deserve. Learn what each of the Sport trims has to offer, then make your way to Land Rover Darien to test-drive your favorite.
The base trim sets the stage for every trim that follows, providing access to potent engines, advanced tech, and abundant safety:
- Performance Engines – Drivers can choose the 3.0L turbocharged V6 diesel engine and 8-speed automatic transmission with 4WD for 254 hp and 443 lb.-ft. of torque, or the 3.0L supercharged V6 gasoline engine with 8-speed automatic transmission and 4WD for 340 hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque. Properly equipped, these engines are capable of as much as 7,716 pounds of towing ability.
- Impressive Amenities – The Range Rover Sport offers features like a soft-touch leather multifunction steering wheel, and supple grained leather seating. The 8-speaker 250W Range Rover audio system, integrates with the Hard Disk Navigation System with and ‘Say What You See’ Intuitive Voice Control, Bluetooth phone and audio connection, easily accessible through the 8-inch touchscreen interface.
- Safety and Handling – The Range Rover Sport’s superior handling-assist features include Trailer Stability Control, Emergency Brake Assist, ABS, Cornering Brake Control, Dynamic Stability Control, and Electronic Traction Control to name just a few. Drivers also get access to safety technology like Front Parking Aid with Front Visual Display, Rear View Camera, Rear Park Distance Sensors, Keyless Entry, Adjustable Speed Limiter, and a suite of advanced airbags.
The HSE trim builds upon the impressive features offered in the SE, and includes a few surprises of its own, including:
- Enhanced Interior – Drivers enjoy a fixed panoramic sunroof with power blind, and access to heated leather seats wrapped in Oxford leather in a choice of seven unique colors. Attractive Shadow Zebrano wood veneer is available, as is Dark Grey Oak or Micromesh aluminum trim, allowing drivers to personalize their HSE to reflect their tastes.
- Exterior Styling – Convenient features like aluminum tread plates enhance style and function, as do the 20-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels and ‘Sport’ badging on the rear tailgate. LED taillights and turn signals, and the integrated fog lights also add a touch of elegance and improve inclement weather visibility.
The Supercharged trim adds impressive power under the hood and some unique new features while carrying over most of the options offered in previous trims:
- Supercharger – The Supercharged trim is powered by a 5.0L supercharged V8 engine mated to the 8-speed automatic transmission and 4WD unit. This combination produces 510 hp and 461 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Dynamic Additions – Inside, drivers gain access to the sliding panoramic glass sunroof with power blind and paddle shifters for a more interactive driving experience. On the outside, twin tailpipes with bright finishes, Terrain Response2 Automatic, Dynamic Response, and unique ‘Supercharged’ silver tailgate badging add a touch of panache.
The Autobiography continues to add to the features offered on previous models with additional interior amenities and an impressive sound system upgrade:
- Interior Amenities – Drivers and front passengers gain access to 16-way power-adjustable seats while rear passengers gain heated seats themselves. 3-zone climate control makes it easy for everyone to enjoy the temperature they like, while the addition of a 19-speaker, 825-watt Meridian Audio system provides a concert-like experience no matter where the road leads.
- Upgraded Safety – The Autobiography gains the innovative surround camera system which provides a composite view of the area surrounding the vehicle, making parking and trailering a breeze. Additional features like Reverse Traffic Detection, Closing Vehicle Sensing, and Blind Spot Monitoring help drivers to avoid obstacles they may not otherwise see.
The SVR refines the best features of previous models and adds a few special touches of its own to make it the model’s top trim:
- Potent V8 – The SVR is powered by a 5.0L supercharged V8 engine with start/stop technology. This motor, paired with the 8-speed automatic transmission and full-time 4WD unit produce 550 hp and 502 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- Polished Design – Perforated Oxford leather sport seats with SVR Pattern, Morzine headliner in Cirrus or Ivory, and dark aluminum trim create a perfect place to spend the long commute while exterior touches like the LED signature lighting and active sports exhaust are guaranteed to turn heads.
Explore the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Trims Near Westport, New Canaan, and Greenwich at Land Rover of Darien
To schedule a test-drive of the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport, contact your Westport, New Canaan, and Greenwich Range Rover specialists at (855) 552-1292 or visit Land Rover of Darien at 1335 Post Rd in Darien, CT.