How Much Can a Range Rover Evoque Tow?
How much can a Range Rover Evoque tow? It’s no secret: the 2020 Range Rover Evoque towing capacity comes in at 3,968 pounds, no matter which trim level you settle on. Take an in-depth look at the Evoque towing specs by reading on, and while you’re at it, learn a little bit about this SUV’s advanced standard performance features!
2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Towing Capacity
In the Evoque, you’ll be able to tackle any Greenwich or New Canaan challenge with confidence. Knowing that the Range Rover Evoque towing capacity lets you handle up to 3,968 pounds of cargo, you already have enough information to plan an adventure you’ll never forget.
However, if you plan on pushing the limits in your Evoque, you should have a more detailed picture of this Land Rover SUV’s towing specs. Here’s a brief overview:
- Maximum vehicle and trailer combination weight
- 9,325 pounds
- Unbraked trailer weight
- 1,653 pounds
- Ground clearance
- 8.35 inches
- Roof carrying capacity, including roof rails
- 165 pounds
Getting ready to tow? Your baseline gross vehicle weight is determined primarily by your powertrain setup. You’ll have two options:
- 2.0L 4-cylinder Turbocharged Gas
- 246 hp, 269 lb-ft of torque
- Curb weight of 3,935 pounds
- Gross vehicle weight of 5,355 pounds
- 2.0L 4-cylinder Turbocharged Gas MHEV
- 296 hp, 295 lb-ft of torque
- Curb weight of 4,075 pounds
- Gross vehicle weight of 5,400 pounds
Although the MHEV (Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle) setup increases the overall weight of the vehicle, the powertrain’s electric motor boosts your available torque by a significant margin. That makes it the preferred option for towing. Looking for even more power? Check out the 2020 Land Rover Discovery towing capacity today.
Performance and Capability Features
Although your powertrain is the most important determiner of your Range Rover Evoque towing capacity, it’s not the only feature that you should be aware of. Indeed, every Evoque comes equipped with advanced performance technology, ensuring a more confident touring experience:
- Active Driveline – Active Driveline is an electronic torque vectoring system that transfers power to the wheels with the best grip. You’ll enjoy more control, both on-road and off.
- Torque Vectoring by Braking – In addition to providing more power where you need it, the Evoque can reduce understeer and produce a smoother drive by applying independent braking around curves and corners.
- Adaptive Dynamics – This system uses automated sensors to check road conditions up to ten times a second, and adjusts vehicle behavior accordingly.
- ClearSight Ground View – This world-first feature lets you take a look underneath the vehicle while you’re moving over a rough path, or traversing inhospitable terrain.
- Sports Command Driving Position – Visibility and towing confidence go hand-in-hand! That’s why every Range Rover Evoque features an elevated seating position.
Take the Range Rover Evoque for a Test Drive!
Now that you’ve seen how much a Range Rover Evoque can tow, we know that you’ll be excited to experience it for yourself! Schedule a test drive in any new Range Rover Evoque for sale at our dealership, and spend some time inside of the splendid Evoque interior.
More Land Rover Features
The Land Rover Defender’s history of off-road innovation continues in 2022 with a limited-production model: the Land Rover Defender Trophy Edition. Our overview covers everything you need to know, from the expected Defender Trophy Edition price to its standout performance technology. View New InventoryManufacturer Information How Much is a Land Rover Trophy Edition?…
Land Rover Darien drivers like to play as hard on the weekend as they work during the week—and for many, that involves towing a boat or a camper. How much can a Land Rover Discovery Sport tow? Can it handle pulling your jet skis? The Land Rover Discovery Sport towing capacity is a massive 4,409 pounds…
The 2023 Defender is available in a two-door, four-door, and extended four-door body styles, and that means it’s a very good idea to explore the 2023 Land Rover Defender dimensions before you buy! Our guide covers the numbers in detail, but it’s important to get a few basics out of the way before we dive…
The Range Rover Sport interior has undergone a comprehensive redesign for model-year 2023, and although the changes have been significant, this model is more than ready for your wildest adventures in greater Greenwich! Whether you’re looking for information on its interior features or capacities, you’ve come to the right place. Our in-depth guide to…
The Land Rover Defender 130 is a new addition to the Defender lineup, which already includes the two-door Defender 90 and the four-door Defender 110. The Defender 130 is even larger than the 110—and compared to the latter, the longer 130 model has a higher maximum seating capacity and more cargo space. In what…