2021 Land Rover Defender MPG Ratings
The 2021 Land Rover Defender MPG ratings make it one of the most compelling off-road SUVs available today. Darien drivers who choose the two-door Defender 90 can get up to 18 mpg in the city with the standard engine. If you upgrade to the larger mild-hybrid powertrain, you can get up to 22 mpg on the highway. That’s true whether you opt for the Defender 90 or the four-door Defender 110.
While different Land Rover Defender models offer advantages in other areas, we’re sure you’ll appreciate the Land Rover Defender MPG. Read on to learn more about what makes this luxurious, eye-catching SUV so fuel-efficient, and then come get behind the wheel at Land Rover Darien.
Land Rover Defender Gas Mileage
The 2021 Land Rover Defender MPG varies depending on which body style and powertrain you choose, but you should know that four-wheel drive is standard on every 2021 trim. Browse the list below to find the Land Rover Defender mpg ratings for each configuration:
Defender 90 Gas Mileage
The 2.0-liter gas-powered I4 and the 3.0-liter I6 with mild-hybrid tuning both provide what you need to power through your weekend adventures:
- Defender 90 with P300: 18 mpg city / 21 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
- Defender 90 S with P300: 18 mpg city / 21 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
- Defender 90 X-Dynamic with P400 MHEV: 17 mpg city / 22 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
- Defender 90 First Edition with P400 MHEV: 17 mpg city / 22 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
- Defender 90 X with P400 MHEV: 17 mpg city / 22 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
Defender 110 Gas Mileage
While the four-door Defender 110 isn’t quite as efficient with the standard engine, the difference between this model and the Defender 90 is minimal. What’s more, the two models offer identical specs when equipped with the P400 powertrain:
- Defender 110 with P300: 17 mpg city / 20 mpg highway / 18 mpg combined
- Defender 110 S with P300: 17 mpg city / 20 mpg highway / 18 mpg combined
- Defender 110 SE with P400: 17 mpg city / 22 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
- Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE with P400: 17 mpg city / 22 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
- Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE with P400: 17 mpg city / 22 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
- Defender 110 X with P400: 17 mpg city / 22 mpg highway / 19 mpg combined
If you spend a lot of time on Greenwich and New Canaan city streets, a Defender 90 equipped with the P300 engine is the most efficient choice. If you have a long highway commute or do a lot of long-distance travel beyond %%taget_city_3%%, you may want to upgrade to the mild-hybrid P400. You’ll also get more horsepower and torque:
- 2.0L P300 I4 Gas Engine: 296 hp, 295 lb-ft of torque
- 3.0L P400 I6 Gas + MHEV: 395 hp, 406 lb-ft of torque
The 2021 Defender is a Fuel-Efficient Off-Road SUV!
If you’ve only driven smaller cars around Darien, you might not have a complete appreciation of just how impressive the Land Rover Defender MPG figures are. In fact, these ratings make the Defender an exceptionally fuel-efficient off-road-capable SUV. The auto experts at Motor Trend have argued that “compared to the G-Wagon and Land Cruiser, the Defender is a Prius.”
Test Drive a Land Rover Defender at Land Rover Darien!
Are you ready to test drive the Land Rover Defender at Land Rover Darien? If you’re eager to get behind the wheel and take the next steps, explore our Defender lease offers or learn more about your Preferred Purchase® options at our dealership. Then, contact us today!
Still exploring your options? Check out the 2022 Land Rover Defender price list to find out if a newer model might be right for you.