How to Care for Your Leather Seats
If you own or are shopping for a Land Rover or other luxury vehicle, it’s important to know how to maintain its stunning appearance. Take a look at our guide to leather seat care below and then explore the beautiful Range Rover Sport interior at Land Rover Darien.
What You’ll Need
Before you can learn how to care for leather car seats and begin giving your Land Rover its own deep cleaning, you’ll need to have a handful of useful cleaning products handy:
- For the main cleaning solvent, choose between Land Rover leather cleaner, saddle soap, mild leather soap, or a homemade solution that’s one part white vinegar and two parts linseed oil solution
- Microfiber towels
- A soft-bristled interior brush (NOT a stiff carpet brush!)
Cleaning’s As Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4
Lightly clean your leather seats once a month to keep your Land Rover Discovery interior looking good as new in Greenwich. You may also need to do a more thorough cleaning at least three times a year, and you can follow these steps below:
- Vacuum: Use an upholstery attachment to initially clean any dirt and crumbs left on the seats.
- Clean: Using whichever cleaning solution you’ve chosen from the list above, spray the solvent on a microfiber cloth and wipe away any dirt you couldn’t get with the vacuum. If you have perforated leather seats, make sure the cloth is not too damp!
- Deep Clean: Spray the cleaner onto a soft-bristled brush and gently scrub the upholstery to loosen excess dirt.
- Wipe Dry: Get a new microfiber cloth to wipe of rest of the dirt and moisture from to leather.
Learn More Car Care Tips with Land Rover Darien
Impress other drivers in New Canaan and keep your Range Rover leather interior both soft and shiny by following the steps listed above. By cleaning and conditioning your leather seats with a microfiber cloth and conditioner just a handful of times a year, your Land Rover will continue to look as good as new. Now that you know how to clean leather car seats, for extra protection against wear to your Land Rover’s interior, you should try parking the vehicle in the shade during the day to reduce aging. Contact us to experience the luxurious Land Rover interiors in person at Land Rover Darien near Stamford today!
Still doing research on how to care for a luxury vehicle? Learn about the differences between sunroofs and moonroofs. At some point, you may also need to know how much a transmission costs to replace.
Learn More at Land Rover Darien
Greenwich-area drivers are in agreement. The 2020 Range Rover Velar colors make it easy to stand out in the city or on the highway. This shouldn’t be a surprise. After all, an avant-garde SUV like the Range Rover Velar is bound to attract drivers who value personalization and customization. You’ll have no shortage of Velar…
The 2020 Land Rover Discovery is renowned around Darien for its power and luxury, but what about the Land Rover Discovery towing capabilities? How much can a Land Rover Rover Discovery tow? It can haul up to 8,201 pounds, perfect for pulling a camper, small boat, or a couple of ATVs for a weekend…
There’s no SUV quite like the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover, and once you’ve had a chance to explore the Range Rover interior for yourself, we know that you’ll be hard-pressed to disagree. That’s because the Land Rover brand’s flagship SUV comes equipped with just about everything you could ask for in a luxurious, off-road-ready…