How to Care for Your Leather Seats
If you own or are shopping for a Land Rover or other luxury vehicle, it’s important to know how to maintain its stunning appearance. Take a look at our guide to leather seat care below and then explore the beautiful Range Rover Sport interior at Land Rover Darien.
What You’ll Need
Before you can learn how to care for leather car seats and begin giving your Land Rover its own deep cleaning, you’ll need to have a handful of useful cleaning products handy:
- For the main cleaning solvent, choose between Land Rover leather cleaner, saddle soap, mild leather soap, or a homemade solution that’s one part white vinegar and two parts linseed oil solution
- Microfiber towels
- A soft-bristled interior brush (NOT a stiff carpet brush!)
Cleaning’s As Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4
Lightly clean your leather seats once a month to keep your Land Rover Discovery interior looking good as new in Greenwich. You may also need to do a more thorough cleaning at least three times a year, and you can follow these steps below:
- Vacuum: Use an upholstery attachment to initially clean any dirt and crumbs left on the seats.
- Clean: Using whichever cleaning solution you’ve chosen from the list above, spray the solvent on a microfiber cloth and wipe away any dirt you couldn’t get with the vacuum. If you have perforated leather seats, make sure the cloth is not too damp!
- Deep Clean: Spray the cleaner onto a soft-bristled brush and gently scrub the upholstery to loosen excess dirt.
- Wipe Dry: Get a new microfiber cloth to wipe of rest of the dirt and moisture from to leather.
Learn More Car Care Tips with Land Rover Darien
Impress other drivers in New Canaan and keep your Range Rover leather interior both soft and shiny by following the steps listed above. By cleaning and conditioning your leather seats with a microfiber cloth and conditioner just a handful of times a year, your Land Rover will continue to look as good as new. Now that you know how to clean leather car seats, for extra protection against wear to your Land Rover’s interior, you should try parking the vehicle in the shade during the day to reduce aging. Contact us to experience the luxurious Land Rover interiors in person at Land Rover Darien near Stamford today!
Still doing research on how to care for a luxury vehicle? Learn about the differences between sunroofs and moonroofs. At some point, you may also need to know how much a transmission costs to replace.
Learn More at Land Rover Darien
Whether you want a high-tech SUV for the Greenwich roads or an ultra-luxurious ride for your adventures in New Canaan, the 2020 Range Rover configurations offer high-end options that will satisfy almost any driver. Which of the available models best fits your needs? Read on to explore the available Range Rover trim levels with the expert…
The2020 Range Rover Sport interior is advanced and dynamic, and it’s one of the most flexible in the current lineup of Range Rover SUVs. Motorists in Greenwich and New Canaan will appreciate every element of the premium cabin, designed to give drivers and passengers a more comfortable, engaging touring experience. Keep reading to learn more about…
Greenwich drivers who want the best in comfort and performance know they can find it in the new Range Rover Velar. The unique Range Rover Velar capacity provides ample room for five passengers and plenty of cargo, along with a wealth of interior features and innovative design. Step inside the Range Rover Velar interior with…