What is the Land Rover Defender Towing Capacity?
Even if you’ve already fallen in love with the new Land Rover Defender SUV’s striking looks and impressive capabilities, you’ll still need to determine if it’s the right tool for every job. Although the Defender offers impressive cargo space and payload capacities, the 2020 Land Rover Defender towing capacity is what gives this model such a clear edge over rivals! With the right equipment, you’ll tow up to 8,201 pounds.
How Much Can a Land Rover Defender Tow?
We’ve already given you the maximum Land Rover Defender towing capacity, but how much can a Land Rover Defender tow in your preferred configuration? Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- The two-door Land Rover Defender 90 is currently only available in its First Edition configuration. With its standard P400 i6, it tows up to 8,201 pounds.
Switch things up with the four-door Defender 110, and you’ll have more options:
- The Defender 110 base model comes with the P300 i4 and offers a towing capacity of 7,716 pounds. The same is true of the next step up in the lineup, the Defender S.
- Upgrade with the P400 i6 engine to access the Defender SE and Defender HSE trim levels. These models can both tow up to 8,201 pounds.
- The Defender 110 First Edition and the Defender 110 X both offer the same capacity.
Land Rover Defender Engines
Five-hundred extra pounds of available towing capacity can make a big difference on your Greenwich and New Canaan adventures, but for many drivers, either engine could perform as desired. If that’s true for you, you’ll want to take a closer look at each engine:
P300 i4 (Standard on Base and S Trim Levels)
- 296 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
- Paired with an automatic transmission
- 17 mpg city and 20 mpg highway
- Top speed of 119 mph, 0-60 in 7.7 seconds
P400 i6 (Standard on SE, HSE, First Edition, and X Trim Levels)
- 395 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Paired with an automatic transmission
- 17 mpg city and 22 mpg highway
- Top speed of 119 mph, or 129 mph with 22-inch wheels, 0-60 in 5.8 seconds
Towing and Stability Features in Your Defender
Even the base-model Land Rover Defender 110 delivers a 3D Surround Camera, Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keep Assist, automatic Emergency Braking, a two-speed transfer case, Electronic Air Suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, and even off-road features like Terrain Response® and Wade Sensing!
As you move down the line, you’ll encounter even more features that can help you conquer life’s challenges, including:
- 19 and 20-inch wheel upgrades
- Configurable Terrain Response®
- Terrain Response® 2
- An Electronic Active Differential with Torque Vectoring by Braking
- All-Terrain Progress Control
- A Head-Up Display
- A Clear Exit Monitor and a Rear Traffic Monitor
- LED headlights with Auto High Beam Assist
Check out our preview of the Defender interior to learn more about what it’s offering.
Experience the Power of the Defender for Yourself!
We might not be able to hook up a trailer for your test drive, but we still can’t wait for you to take the new Land Rover Defender for a spin! Find out how to shop and buy online or start exploring our new vehicle specials today. No matter which model you end up in, we know you’ll love how this model handles the roads of Darien and Stamford.
More from Land Rover Darien
Equal parts rugged and refined, the 2020 Land Rover Discovery configurations have been impressing drivers in Greenwich and beyond. Not only does the lineup feature upscale luxuries and remarkable performance, but drivers can choose from four different options to fine tune their driving experience for the New Canaan roads ahead. Explore the SE, Landmark Edition, HSE,…
Our New Velar InventoryContact Us If you’re looking for a stylish new SUV, you’ve got to take a look at the 2020 Range Rover Velar models and configurations. Unlike many of the run-of-the-mill SUVs that you see on the roads near Greenwich, the Velar always stands out with avant-garde style. Still, the list of features…
Even if you’ve already fallen in love with the new Land Rover Defender SUV’s striking looks and impressive capabilities, you’ll still need to determine if it’s the right tool for every job. Although the Defender offers impressive cargo space and payload capacities, the 2020 Land Rover Defender towing capacity is what gives this model such…